How To Add An Exit Popup On Shopify Plus Checkout
Feb 9th, 2017
Ever wished you could add an exit popup modal on your checkout page?
It is time the team of Shopify Plus Experts at OnlyGrowth shows you step-by-step how to add an exit modal on your Shopify Plus checkout to increase conversions.
1. In your Shopify admin, go to Online Store -> Preferences.
2. Ensure Google Analytics is Enabled
4. Paste the following code. The code is precisely targeted to include only Shopify checkout. Being that Privy is already loaded in the Thank You and Order Status pages, the code excludes those pages so it doesn't double load
*Note: The Merchant Business Identifier can be found in your Privy account under Settings > Privy code.
This can become extremely powerful in boosting conversions especially when paired with Privy's "cart value targeting condition" which tracks a user with the value in cart across any page, not just checkout pages.
5. Providing you are on the commerce plan, which includes audience targeting, you can implement the remaining steps. If not, upgrade!
6. Create a new campaign
7. In the design step add audience targeting condition that says: current URL + contains: checkout (This will make sure the campaign will only load on that checkout page)
8. Set the triggers to all off except exit intent.
Looking for white-glove service? You can consider Exit Intel.
Come back next week when we share the results of our 30-day A/B Test showing how a Shopify Plus merchant increased conversions by 6.6% and revenue by 3.7% from implementing a popup on the Shopify Plus checkout page.